Saturday, October 24, 2009

House of the Rising Sun

For over a year now I have been contemplating creating a series of art works based on music that has well trying to find the word, haunted me I think. Songs I have listened to at least a hundred times and never tire of.
One song is "House of the Rising Sun". A lot of the music is from the 60's -70's.
Decided to research and try to find any other art inspired by this song and was delighted to not only find an artist but the writer talking about the song and well click on the link and see what you think.

http://suchiu.com/houseOfTheRisingSun_hres.htm

This is one of the best versions I have heard from a bank called "The Riverdogs" other then the original track by the Animals.
Purchased it from iTunes! Wish the video showed the actual performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyxxvhIe1h4&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Moved to the mountains of WNC about ten years ago. I started doing art full time about three years ago. I have two grown daughters, four grandchildren, four cats and a significant other.